If a child or an adult breaches the code of behaviour, efforts should be made to resolve the issue by:
- Discussion with and support for the adult or the child;
- A child or adult may be asked to apologise for their behaviour;
- In the case of a child, involving their parents/guardians;
- Agreeing on sanctions;
Sanctions may include:
- Time out of group activity;
- For children, a parent/guardian may be asked to attend group activities with their child for a period of time;
- For adults, retraining in leadership skills, code of behaviour, etc. may be required;
- For children, the code of behaviour should be revisited and agreed upon;
- Monitoring behaviour and support on an ongoing basis.
- In serious cases, suspension or even exclusion from the group should be considered;
- Formal reporting to statutory authorities.