A parish child safeguarding audit on Standards 1, 5 and 6 will be conducted on an annual basis.
1.The Safeguarding Children Committee (SCC) forwards the audit for completion by parishes on an annual basis.
2. Returns are scrutinised for compliance by the committee.
3. An annual report is prepared for the Bishop, with a review of compliance and recommendations for further action and improvement.
4. Recommendations for change are incorporated into to the three-year Child Safeguarding Plan.
5. The Bishop will notify the NBSCCCI by the end of January each calendar year (using S4.45) that:
– The local child safeguarding audit has been completed;
– The annual report made by the DLP has been completed
The Annual Audit form is completed in the hard-copy version which is produced by the Resource Team.
A sample Parish Audit Form can be viewed below.