Disclosing abuse can be a significant milestone on the road to possible recovery. A number of organisations specialise in working with complainants. Many of these are listed below.
- Towards Healing is an organisation that has expertise in providing a compassionate response to those who have experienced abuse. This service is funded by the Church, and offers direct services to survivors through a range of counselling, helpline and restorative justice approaches. More information can be found at ww.towardshealing.ie.
- Towards Peace offers spiritual support and guidance to survivors of abuse by Church personnel. For further information, visit www.towardspeace.ie
- The Child and Family Agency – Tusla: www.tusla.ie
- An Garda Síochána: www.garda.ie
- ISPCC: www.ispcc.ie
- Barnardos: www.barnardos.ie
- HSE National Counselling Service: www.hse.ie/eng/services/list/4/Mental_Health_Services/National_Counselling_Service/
- Rape Crisis Network of Ireland: www.rcni.ie
- Children at Risk in Ireland (CARI): www.cari.ie
- One in Four: www.oneinfour.ie
- Connect: www.connectcounselling.ie
- NSPCC: www.nspcc.org.uk
If you are concerned that a child is currently at risk, all reporting numbers are contained in Appendix 2.
The following resources may also be useful:
- Childline (ROI): 1800 666666
- ChildLine (NI): 0800 1111
- CARI: 1890 924567