The Diocese of Meath is committed to providing child safeguarding briefings on an annual basis, not to impose on parish personnel but in the hope of assisting your good work. The Diocese has signed up to a policy that requires all clergy and all parish safeguarding representatives to attend one training session annually.
The following training sessions have been arranged for the weeks ahead:
- Wednesday 4 October at 7.30pm in Drogheda (Boyne Valley Hotel)
- Thursday 12 October ay 7.30pm in Navan (St Anne’s Parish Centre)
- Tuesday 17 October at 7.30pm in Tullamore (Parish Centre)
- Thursday 19 October at 7.30pm in Mullingar (Parish Centre).
These sessions are primarily for priests and parish safeguarding representatives. Attendance at any one of these sessions fulfills the training commitment for clergy and parish safeguarding representatives for 2017.
Each session, which will last for one hour, will address the following areas:
- Completing the new parish audit form
- Garda vetting for parish personnel and volunteers
- What to do if you receive an allegation or a complaint
- Options for Safeguarding Sunday.
If there is another topic you would like us to address, please let us know.
We are aware that there are several new parish safeguarding representatives who have not been trained and there are some foreign clergy now serving in the Diocese who may not have had an opportunity to take part in training. Therefore, a full training day for new parish safeguarding representatives and clergy will take place in Trim Castle Hotel on Saturday 28 October from 11am until 3pm. It would be helpful if you can email or text us to book a place for this training day.
We look forward to meeting you next month and, if you require any assistance in the meantime, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Antoinette Shaw David Gavin
(086 848 4518) (087 679 3523)